Monday 2 June 2014

Banana And Bran Breakfast Muffins























It has been quite some time since I have made some muffins, and so I took a shot at making some  healthy banana bran muffins. I used olive oil instead of butter and I can say that I will most definitely use olive oil in my muffins as it is a healthier choice.

makes 9

2 large over-ripened bananas
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup bran
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Pre-heat oven to 375*

place the bananas and brown sugar in a large bowl and use a fork or potato masher to crush the bananas until smooth.
 Add the eggs, olive oil and vanilla, and combine using a wooden spoon. Throw in all the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.

Divide the batter between 9 greased muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the middle of the muffibs comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment