Monday 21 July 2014

Dried Blueberry, and Banana Muffins

There is an organic foods store near my house that I like to go to every now and again, not because I’m an organic foods enthusiast or a “health nut” but because the staff are nice, I like the variety of bulk dried goods, from different flours and sugars to dry fruit, bulk maple syrup, and nut butters, It’s a  just a quite, warm little shop that I am lucky enough to have bear my house. While at the Nut House (http://www.nut-house.ca/) recently, I bought a small quantity of dry blueberries, I had never had them, and when I saw that they were only 11.99/lb compared to the 25.00/lb ones at bulk barn, I went nuts and bought a small bag of them.  If you’ve never had dry blueberries, they are like candy, sweet chewy candy but good for you because its fruit.  The quantity of dry blueberries that I had left after munching a quite a bit of them, I used to make these blueberry and banana muffins, that were quite good.













Ingredients for 12
3 over ripe bananas
3 large eggs
1/3 c canola oil
1/3 cup honey
2 c whole wheat flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 c bran
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 butter milk
1 c dry blueberries
12 banana chips
1/3 c  rolled oats
confectioners sugar for dusting














Pre heat the oven to 350*f.
Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth using a potato masher or a fork. Stir the eggs, oil and honey and stir to combine.
To the wet ingredients add the flour, baking powder,baking soda, bran, nutmeg, and cinnamon, stir to combine, lastly add the buttermilk, and then fold in the blueberries.
Divide the the batter between the muffin liners, sprinkle the tops with the rolled oats and banana chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden . After the muffins are cooled you can dust them lightly,… or heavily with confectioners sugar.










No comments:

Post a Comment